Trade fairs are a powerful, versatile and highly cost-effective sales and marketing medium. They bring together thousands of international buyers and sellers in one place in a short space of time. There are many ways and sources to market your products and services, but nothing can beat the benefits that the trade fairs have to offer. The benefits considered separately are not unique but what is unusual is their combination in a single, highly flexible promotional tool. Trade fairs combine the mass-reach of advertising, the targeting of direct mail, the persuasive power of face-to-face selling and the networking benefits of the internet.
Trade fairs provide an opportunity to meet the right target group face to face. Trade fair visitors are ready to encounter emotions, messages and action, and apt to do business. They are already interested and willing to buy. You can appeal to fair visitors, influencing their purchase decisions through all five senses; sight, touch, hearing, taste and smell. Through interaction and the senses, fairs leave visitors with unforgettable memories and experiences, forging a tighter bond between your brand and potential customers.
Trade fairs create a unique environment in which a wide range of sales and marketing objectives can be pursued. Whether you are looking to raise your company profile, change market perceptions or generate sales leads, you can achieve more in four days at a trade fair than you might otherwise achieve in months. According to Business Week, trade fairs are one of the most cost-effective marketing tools available. One recent survey showed that it costs half as much to close a sale made to an exhibition lead as to one obtained through all other means. With their carefully focused profiles and highly targeted audiences, trade fairs allow you to direct your sales and marketing effort accurately and cost-effectively.
By taking advantage of the benefits that the trade fairs have to offer you can reach your hottest target group and boost your business at one go!
Reasons to exhibit at trade fairs
- Gain an overview of the market and industry – trade fairs bring together the whole industry world-wide
- Search for new markets and opportunities – discover niches in the market
- Recognize latest trends and innovations – keep yourself up to date
- Promote sales while influencing purchasing decisions – trade fair participation results in sales and profits during and after the fair
- Present your products, services or technical processes – trade fairs offer a great opportunity for demonstrations
- Position yourself in the international market and amongst the competition
- Evaluate export potential and possibilities of your company and products
- Do market research – trade fairs are an excellent environment to test customer behaviour, trends, product acceptance etc.
- Launch new products and services – trade fairs provide a receptive environment for introducing new products and services
- Assess the success of a product launch on to the market
- Discuss requests and requirements with customers
- Obtain valuable customer information and feedback e.g. regarding products or pricing
- Evaluate your competitors – trade fairs in your own industry are an efficient way of gathering competitor intelligence
- Position yourself in comparison with competition (benchmarking) – examine your competitiveness
- Implement changes in your company and business
- Develop new sales channels
- Keep in touch with your existing customers, cooperation partners, agents, distributors etc. – personal interaction is an important part of doing business
- Improve your business contacts through direct customer communication
- Acquire new customers – trade fairs bring together thousands of potential customers who are interested and willing to buy
- Look for new cooperation partners, agents, distributors, employees etc.
- Increase awareness of your company, products and services
- Improve the image of your company, individual brands or products
- Be present at sector get-together
- Increase the effectiveness of company advertising among customers and the public
- Create media relationships and benefit from the event’s publicity
- Put your corporate design plan into action
- Participate in conferences, networking events, workshops, seminars and panel discussions
- Network – trade fairs provide a unique venue for people with common interests to connect personally with one another
- Exchange experiences, ideas and know-how
- Learn – learn from your competitors, customers and their experience – trade fairs are great places to extend and deepen your knowledge
- Meet colleagues from your own industry (politics, business)
- Create team spirit among employees (motivation)
- Train sales staff through an exchange of experiences
- Combine your trade fair participation with complementary measures (special events, seminars, tours to the factory)
Make a lasting impression by participating in your industry’s fairs!