Although the trade fair may be over, the marketing is far from complete. Contacts made at the trade fair are only the very beginning in the process of building up a good business relationship. Companies selling low-cost, low-tech products may take orders on the stand. But for most companies, those orders will come in the weeks and months after the trade fair. In many cases a prospective customer has to be approached several times before a business deal is concluded.
Despite it’s important role companies very often neglect the follow-up work. Valuable contacts made during the trade fair are followed up either too late or not at all. As we want your trade fair participation to be as successful as possible we highly recommend you to include post-fair marketing to your trade fair plan. By pursuing your leads and contacts made at the trade fair you can maximize your benefit out of your participation.
Tips for post-fair marketing:
- Go through the contacts for each day of the fair
- Fulfil all promises made during the fair
- Handle any requests for tenders or further contact as quickly as possible
- Send a thank you letter or message to your stand visitors
- Approach key customers immediately, thank them for their attendance and brief them on what comes next
- Report on the event on your internet pages and thank your visitors again
- Post pictures or video clips of your stand on your website – this will give your stand a new lease of life
- Report on your fair participation in your customer magazine
- Evaluate the results straight away after the fair and once again after a longer period
- Evaluate any visitor feedback on your stand
- Record your own fair participation development ideas
Effective post-fair marketing turns your exhibition contacts into sales and your trade fair participation into a great success!